San Bernardino Uber Accident Lawyer
The San Bernardino Uber and Lyft accident lawyers at MKP Law Group, LLP, know that rideshare accidents can present complicated legal situations.
- Whose insurance is supposed to issue a settlement offer?
- Does the Lyft or Uber driver have the right or valid insurance?
- What happens if both drivers are at fault?
- Who will pay for damage to the luggage or new goods you transport in a rideshare vehicle?
Working with an experienced rideshare car accident attorney can be your key to receiving maximum compensation for any injuries and property damages you suffered in and around the San Bernardino area.
At MKP Law Group, LLP, our attorneys exclusively represent injury accident victims. Having an experienced San Bernardino Uber accident lawyer working with you will ensure you get the maximum compensation for injuries from your rideshare accident.
We always work on what is known as a contingency fee basis, meaning WE DON’T GET PAID UNLESS WE WIN. There are no upfront, out-of-pocket costs to our clients.
Call us today at 310-285-5353 to schedule your 100% free consultation.
Why Hire A San Bernardino Uber Accident Lawyer?
According to the California Highway Patrol’s statistics, San Bernardino roads are not immune to traffic accidents.
For example, did you know that there were 38 fatalities and 1,367 total injuries just a few short years ago? Of these, 137 were alcohol-involved injuries. Three vehicle passengers died while 636 were injured. Add to this the fact that some passengers do not wear seat belts, and it is clear why it takes an experienced car accident lawyer to make sense of the legal questions and their answers.
Were you one of the many injured as a passenger in a rideshare vehicle in San Bernardino? If so, you most likely have some questions regarding insurance and liability.
Understanding the insurance pertaining to ride-sharing is not as cut and dry as you may think.
Our San Bernardino Uber and Lyft accident lawyers handle both Uber and accident claims on a daily basis. We will take care of gathering all of the evidence, processing your claims, handling communications and settlement negotiations with the insurance companies, and, if need be, providing competent legal representation in court.
We are here to take the load off of your shoulders so that you can focus on what is most important, your recovery.
What Makes Rideshare Vehicle Accident Aftermaths So Difficult to Navigate?
Uber is in the business of protecting Uber. As a result, the company has developed a three-tier insurance system for rideshare drivers. At its heart is the driver’s willingness to maintain comprehensive and collision coverage for the vehicle. From there, the company offers tiered assistance.
- Rideshare driver’s insurance: If the driver app is off or the driver is offline, their insurance company and its specified coverages apply.
- 50/100/25: If the driver is available for a ride, there is a low compensation tier in place.
- Third-party liability: If the driver is en route or giving a ride, there is a $1,000,000 liability in place. Other types of coverage may apply.
With already complicated insurance, the room for dispute is ten-fold.
- What happens when there is a disagreement whether the driver was online or offline?
- Did they remember to contact “Support” and submit a crash report?
- Did they file a police report?
- Was the information the driver gave accurate?
- Do you agree with the details?
There is a neverending list of complications that can arise and our San Bernardino Uber accident lawyers know exactly how to make your case.
Adding Insult to Injury: San Bernardino’s Dangerous Roads and Drivers
San Bernardino commuters have many convenient options. The sbX Green Line is super easy to hop on and takes riders straight to California State University and the Jerry L. Pettis VA Medical Center in Loma Linda. However, when it comes to last-minute transit, rideshare is #1.
The problem is many Uber and Lyft drivers don’t know the lay of the land and safety issues in the area. In San Bernardino’s case, there are reports of Baseline Road street racers that make stretches of this road dangerous to traffic.
The 3 most common causes of car accidents and traffic accidents in San Bernardino include:
- Drinking and Driving
- Late-night Driving
Next, there is the Del Rosa Avenue off-ramp that connects to the 210. This spot has been implicated in a fatal collision in the past. Drivers know that the I-15 can be a dangerous ground to traverse in part because of speed but also alcohol consumption.
A San Bernardino Uber accident lawyer is not just aware of the legal challenges and complications that can arise from rideshares. They also know the problems these roads can present and how to defend accident victims caught in the middle of it all.
I was in a San Bernardino Rideshare Accident! What Should I Do?
The steps you take immediately after being involved in a Lyft or Uber accident can affect both your health and your ability to recover compensation in the long run.
- Do not worry about costs. The attorneys take on these cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that the firm only collects when you win the case.
- Get medical attention. You might not feel hurt, but once the natural adrenaline wears off, you may begin to feel pain at the impact points. Being under medical supervision prevents the risk of unnoticed broken ribs, a missed cracked collarbone, or overlooked internal injuries.
- Make an appointment with the attorney. There is a good chance that an insurance company will contact you to ask you some questions. Do not be fooled! The representative is looking for ways to dismiss your injuries or prove that you might have been at fault for getting hurt. Consulting with an attorney helps you understand how to deal with these inquiries.
The MKP Law Group, LLP’s team routinely works with rideshare passengers and drivers who need a San Bernardino Uber accident lawyer. If you have any questions about your situation, feel free to give our team a call for a 100% free consultation or fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Recoverable Damages After a San Bernardino Uber or Lyft Car Accident?
Recoverable damages vary by case. Depending on the losses you experience will influence the value of your claim.
Recoverable damages may include the following:
- Medical expenses and bills
- Lost income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Loss of Consortium
- Funeral expenses
- Property Damage
In rare cases, special damages known as “punitive damages” can be awarded. Punitive damages are awarded in order to make an example of and punish the at-fault party to deter future wrongful conduct.
A personal injury victim must be able to show that a Defendant acted with a willful or extreme reckless disregard for the safety of others or with malice, oppression, or fraud to justify an award of punitive damages.
It is important to remember that a car accident victim can still present a claim even if they were partially at fault for the auto accident.
California has adopted a comparative liability system. This system is sometimes referred to as comparative negligence. What it means for rideshare car accident victims is that they can still recover damages even if they were partially responsible for causing the accident, but the damages they can recover will be reduced based on the degree to which they were responsible for causing the accident.
Contact MKP Law Group, LLP Today for Your San Bernardino Uber Accident Attorney Needs
If you or someone you know was involved in an Uber or Lyft car accident, whether as a driver, passenger, or third-party, call us today at 310-285-5353 for a free consultation so that we can answer your questions in person and explain the legal process.
You need an expert car accident lawyer who has worked on numerous Uber and Lyft claims to take care of the complicated paperwork, legal process, and negotiate with the rideshare insurance companies.
It would be best if you did not accept any settlement offer made by the rideshare company’s insurance carrier without first consulting with MKP Law Group, LLP’s attorneys. As always, if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime.
Reviews & Testimonials
We work hard to do what’s right for our clients. Here are some of the most recent reviews of our legal services.