Orange County Car Accident Attorney
Orange County is a busy and bustling hub. Not only is it known for the famous show “The O.C.” but it is even more famous for being home to Disneyland. As the 5th largest county in the entire United States, the busy roads and streets pose a danger for drivers and vehicle passengers alike. If you have been seriously injured following a car crash, you likely will need an Orange County car accident attorney.
Car accidents can leave individuals and families in difficult situations. If you are suffering from injuries or have been involved in a car accident where another party was negligent, you may be able to recover compensation. The Orange County car accident attorneys at MKP Law Group, LLP exclusively represent injury victims and have been fighting insurance companies for years. We are ready to work hard with you to collect the maximum compensation for your case.
We know the physical, emotional, and financial hardships that can result from car accidents and work hard to ensure our clients understand their rights as we help them negotiate their settlement. Having an experienced Orange County car accident lawyer by your side is important to navigate the legal process and recover damages.
Here at MKP Law Group, LLP we always work on what is known as a contingency fee basis, meaning WE DON’T GET PAID UNLESS WE WIN. There are no upfront, out-of-pocket costs to our clients.
Why Hire One of Our Orange County Car Accident Attorneys For Your Accident?
Orange County is home to more than 3 million and that doesn’t account for the tourists and visitors passing through on a daily basis. In 2018, there were a reported 50+ million tourists in Orange County. That means there are not only a lot of people, but there are a lot of people who don’t know the local roads very well.
So, it is no surprise that reports of car accidents in Orange County are some of the highest in California. According to California OTS reports, there were 20,145 accidents involving both fatalities and injuries in Orange County during 2018. Of these, 1,856 were alcohol-related and 5,075 were speed-related.
If you or a loved one was injured or know someone who died in a car accident in Orange County, you need to understand that in order to maximize your settlement you must prove negligence by another party. Our experienced Orange County car accident attorney team will thoroughly investigate your case, collect evidence, and help determine how much you can ask for in your settlement. Insurance companies want to pay as little as possible on claims and so they almost always offer very low settlements. Working with one of our car accident lawyers can help make sure you maximize your settlement.
We also work closely with a team of medical experts throughout Orange County, Los Angeles, and Southern California to ensure that you or your loved one receives top-notch medical care for a speedy and healthy recovery while we deal with the legal process and negotiate with the insurance companies.
MKP Law Group, LLP’s team strives to make the process as easy and quick as possible for you. We work on cases throughout Orange County and the State of California. Call us today at 310-285-5353 to schedule your 100% free consultation.
All of our cases are on a contingency fee basis, meaning if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime.
What To Do After a Car Crash in Orange County?
1. Stop: After you’ve been in an accident, there are a number of first steps you should follow depending on the severity of the crash.
- If it’s serious: Call 911 immediately.
- If there are no serious injuries or problems: Make sure everyone is safely out of harm’s way, document the scene with photographs, and be sure to exchange all information with involved parties. If possible, take a photo of the other party’s insurance card and get information from witnesses to the accident.
You are required to report the incident within 24 hours to the correct local department.
2. Visit a Medical Professional: Never downplay injuries and even if you think you are just bruised and banged up, go visit a doctor as soon as possible. Not only will a medical professional be able to assess your injuries, he or she will also give you a diagnosis to get you on the road to recovery and create an official record of your injuries.
3. Call an attorney: The best time to speak with an attorney is within 24 hours of your accident and ideally before you speak to your insurance company. We offer 100% free initial consultations. If you’ve been in an accident and have questions about your case or claim, contact the team at MKP Law Group, LLP now. We can answer any questions you have and make sure your rights are protected.
4. Notify the Insurance Companies: Call your insurance company soon after the crash. Remember, even if you may have been partially at fault, refrain from making any statements that may hurt your claim. If you contact the other party’s insurance and they offer you a settlement, do not take the first offer. You should first figure out what your injuries are and what damages you have suffered in full. This is where an attorney can help.
5. Keep All Documentation and Records: File away every document related to the incident, this may include:
- Medical visits
- Doctors reports
- Collision report
- Witness Statements
- Photos of the collision
- Diagnostic imaging test results
- Vehicle repair bills
- Evidence of lost wages
- Any communication with relevant parties
It is also helpful to note any changes to your life that the injuries have had an impact on. If you are unable to participate in activities you used to do or have difficulty with your daily life, these details help your attorney understand your situation and build you a stronger case.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Orange County, California
Busy, touristic areas have more than just commuter traffic. Buses, delivery trucks, cyclists, and rideshare vehicles are constantly on the move. Drivers on these roads must be hyper-attentive. Even the best drivers familiar with the area can find themselves in devastating accidents.
The most common causes of car accidents and traffic accidents in Orange County include:
- Improper turning
- Unsafe lane changes or behavior
- Failure to obey road signs or traffic signals
- Distracted Driving
- Influence of drugs or alcohol
- Texting while driving
- Reckless driving
- Driver fatigue
- Inclement weather
- Vehicle defects
Common Car Accident Injuries in Orange County
Whether you are in a small fender bender with a rideshare vehicle, involved in a multi-car collision, or involved in a truck accident, the injuries you sustain can cause lasting problems. Sometimes, victims do not immediately go to the doctor, but as weeks go by they begin to experience pain that does not go away. Victims in car accidents need to know that even minor car accidents can cause long-lasting and life-altering complications. Just because the injury is not visible, does not mean it does not exist.
If you have been in a car accident, the first thing to do is to seek professional medical attention. Our lawyers advise visiting a doctor at least within 24 hours of your accident. Not only will that help your case, but it will help you understand what damages may have been caused by the accident and what you need to do to heal properly.
There are numerous injuries that may follow a car accident such as:
- Spinal cord injury and damage
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Internal organ damage
- Head, neck, and back injuries
- Broken and fractured bones
- Sprains and strains
- Burns or cuts
Injuries such as: whiplash, concussions, brain trauma, and spinal damage can often result in increasingly worse symptoms as time passes. So, even if you do not believe you have been injured, it is imperative to verify with a medical professional.
Remember, never let insurance representatives downplay your injuries. If you are suffering injuries following a car accident caused by a negligent party, you have rights. Speaking to one of our Orange County car accident lawyers at MKP Law Group, LLP can help you understand the complexities of the legal process and ensure you are taken care of during this time of loss.
Having a legal team on your side will help you build an effective case to get you and your family’s life back on track.
Wrongful Death Cases
If you’ve lost a loved one in an Orange County car accident, we know we cannot replace what you have lost. These irreparable damages you’re suffering from may include loss of family wages, emotional trauma, and much more. What we can do is help you get financial compensation to recover some of those losses from this wrongful death.
Call or contact one of our Orange County car accident lawyers now for a free consultation to learn more about your options.
Contact an Orange County Car Accident Attorney at MKP Law Group, LLP Today
At MKP Law Group, LLP, we have personal injury attorneys that are highly experienced in handling Orange County car accidents. Our team knows how to deal with insurance companies and can help you understand your rights and navigate the complicated legal processes.
We will investigate and negotiate to ensure that you earn the maximum compensation for your injuries. Call us today at 310-285-5353 to schedule your 100% free consultation.
As always, if we don’t win your case you don’t owe us a dime.
Reviews & Testimonials
We work hard to do what’s right for our clients. Here are some of the most recent reviews of our car accident legal services.