Long Beach Car Accident Lawyer
About 20 miles south of Los Angeles is the beachside city of Long Beach. The coastline city is home to more than 450,000 Californians and where you will find the 2nd busiest seaport in the US. This means that not only is it a tourist hub, but it is also a transport hotspot with cargo moving from the ports and traveling out to the rest of the U.S.
Tired truck drivers and overcrowded roadways make for dangerous intersections, highways, and freeways. In 2018 there were a reported 2,936 total fatal and injury victims.
If you or a loved one was injured or know someone who died in a car accident in Long Beach, you need to understand that in order to maximize your settlement you must prove negligence by the other party.
At MKP Law Group, LLP, we know the physical, emotional, and financial hardships that can result from car accidents and work hard to ensure accident victims understand their rights as we help them negotiate their settlements. Having an experienced Long Beach car accident lawyer by your side is important to navigate the legal process and recover damages.
Here at MKP Law Group, LLP we always work on what is known as a contingency fee basis, meaning WE DON’T GET PAID UNLESS WE WIN. There are no upfront, out-of-pocket costs to our clients.
Why Hire One of Our Long Beach Car Accident Attorneys For Your Accident?
Are you suffering from injuries following a Long Beach car accident? If so, an experienced Long Beach car accident lawyer can help you recover the maximum compensation and get you on the path to recovery.
Our experienced Long Beach car accident lawyer team will thoroughly investigate your case, collect evidence, and help determine how much you can ask for in your settlement. We also work closely with a team of medical experts throughout Long Beach, Los Angeles, and Southern California to ensure that you or your loved one receives top-notch medical care for a speedy and healthy recovery while we deal with the legal process and negotiate with the insurance companies.
MKP Law Group, LLP’s team strives to make the process as easy and quick as possible for you. We work on cases throughout Long Beach and the State of California. Call us today at 310-285-5353 to schedule your 100% free consultation.
All of our cases are on a contingency fee basis, meaning if we don’t win your case, you don’t owe us a dime.
Avoid the Top 3 Common Mistakes Following Car Accidents
The aftermath of any motor vehicle accident is confusing. If the crash occurred in Long Beach’s downtown area, the multitude of one-way streets makes it challenging to orient yourself. You forget exactly where you were coming from or heading toward. As for highway accidents, they bring a different set of challenges.
However, there are some mistakes that many local auto accident victims make. Here are the ones we see the most:
- Meeting with an insurance adjuster: Sure, the adjuster may sound very sympathetic and claim that they want to meet with the injury victim in order to take a statement that will in turn hurry up the settlement payout. However, going into this meeting without legal representation is a mistake. It typically results in a low-ball offer from the insurance company.
- Underestimating the damages: Have you had a chance to discuss the long-term outlook of your health with the doctors? They are most likely still running tests and evaluating your recovery. However, the insurer may be making an offer that looks great on paper – even though it will not be enough in the long run to make you whole.
- Believing that an attorney is too expensive: Visiting the law firm’s website may have you thinking that legal representation is not something you can afford. This is not true. Instead, consider that you do not have to pay anything for a consultation. If you decide to hire the attorney, you pay nothing until they win your case.
What To Do After a Car Crash in Long Beach?
1. Stop: After you’ve been in an accident, there are a number of first steps you should follow depending on the severity of the crash.
- If it’s serious: Call 911 immediately.
- If there are no serious injuries or problems: Make sure everyone is safely out of harm’s way, document the scene with photographs, and be sure to exchange all information with involved parties. If possible, take a photo of the other party’s insurance card and get information from witnesses to the accident.
You are required to report the incident within 24 hours to the correct local department.
2. Visit a Medical Professional: Never downplay injuries and even if you think you are just bruised and banged up, go visit a doctor as soon as possible. Not only will a medical professional be able to assess your injuries, he or she will also give you a diagnosis to get you on the road to recovery and create an official record of your injuries.
3. Call an attorney: The best time to speak with an attorney is within 24 hours of your accident and ideally before you speak to your insurance company. We offer 100% free initial consultations. If you’ve been in an accident and have questions about your case or claim, contact the team at MKP Law Group, LLP now. We can advise you on the best ways to respond to questions that the insurance company may ask for you to answer so you don’t harm your case.
4. Notify the Insurance Companies: Call your insurance company soon after the crash. Remember, even if you may have been partially at fault, refrain from making any statements that may hurt your claim. If you contact the other party’s insurance and they offer you a settlement, do not take the first offer. You should first figure out what your injuries are and what damages you have suffered in full. This is where an attorney can help.
5. Keep All Documentation and Records: File away every document related to the incident, this may include:
- Medical visits and doctors reports
- Collision report and witness information or statements
- Photos or video evidence of the collision
- Vehicle repair bills
- Evidence of lost wages
- Any communication with relevant parties
It is also helpful to note any changes to your life that the injuries have had an impact on. If you are unable to participate in activities you used to do or have difficulty with your daily life, these details help your attorney understand your situation and build you a stronger case.
Long Beach Ranks 3 out of 15 in the OTS Crash Data Reports
Coming in as the third worst of 15 cities in the OTS rankings highlights just how dangerous Long Beach is for motorists and pedestrians. Bicyclists, too, are at a heightened risk of sustaining injuries in the beach city and are often involved in bicycle accident collisions that involve automobiles.
Known risk factors include speeding and nighttime driving. In fact, a recent data compilation identified the city as the 17th worst city for speeding in the United States. With 39.9% of traffic accident fatalities being related to driving speed, Long Beach outranks even Los Angeles!
City-compiled statistics also note that there are several areas where roads are in bad shape. Some of the worst streets include the Atlantic Service Road stretch from 45th Street to 46th Street. The long corridor of Conant Street between Clark Avenue and Marber Avenue is another area. This means that there’s a chance bad road conditions may have contributed to your vehicle accident in Long Beach. It’s worth adding, that bad road conditions are particularly concerning for motorcycle accidents as uneven roads can easily upset motorcycles and lead to a fatal crash.
Traffic Collisions in Long Beach City Limits
Within the City of Long Beach, the Long Beach Police Department will respond to traffic collisions and file their report. For more information, you can visit the city page here: FAQ for Collision Investigation Detail.
If your accident occurred on a state road, you will need to report the crash to the California Highway Patrol.
If your collision occurred in Long Beach City Limits, you must fill out and submit the Application for Release of Traffic Collision and/or Crime Report/Incident Information form to request your own copy of the police report.
It is important to request a copy of the traffic collision report because it will have information about who the at-fault driver was, as well as their insurance information. The personal information listed about the at-fault party (name, address, birthday, etc.) will be necessary should our attorneys have to file a lawsuit against the driver in order to properly serve them with the summons and lawsuit.
Causes of Car Accidents in Long Beach California
Road accidents can happen with even the most careful driver. If you drive a car, you know how easily accidents can happen and how commonly they occur.
The most common causes of car accidents and traffic accidents in Long Beach include:
- Improper turning
- Unsafe lane changes or behavior
- Failure to obey road signs or traffic signals
- Distracted Driving
- Influence of drugs or alcohol
- Texting while driving
- Reckless driving
- Driver fatigue
- Inclement weather
- Vehicle defects
Other Causes of Car Accidents and Determining Liability
Sometimes, car accidents can also be caused by defective vehicles or parts. Other times, it may be due to an improperly marked roadway. It is not always simply the other driver who is to blame. In these types of car accidents, the problem of who is at fault and determining liability can be trickier to pin down.
For any kind of car accident personal injury claim, there must be specific negligent actions proved in order to show that another party was liable. It can be difficult to prove this regardless of the kind of car accident you were involved in. Plus, it can be tricky to deal with multiple insurance companies, governmental agencies, or businesses that may be responsible.
Working with a lawyer who can investigate your case and build a case to prove who the liable party is will be essential in ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve following your accident. Many people don’t understand the rights they have in these types of cases. So, if you’ve been injured in a car accident and need help determining who the liable party is, working with a lawyer can help make sense of your situation.
Dangerous Roads in Long Beach, California
While every road with moving vehicles presents a risk to drivers, there are certain roads in Long Beach where accidents occur on a regular basis.
In Long Beach, it is especially important to be cautious on the following dangerous roads:
- Interstate 405
- Interstate 710
- Pacific Coast Highway
- Cherry Avenue
- Willow Street
- Anaheim Street
- Long Beach Boulevard
Do You Have A Case for Your Car Accident?
Our Long Beach car accident lawyers offer free case evaluations. During this call, we will work with you to understand your unique situation and determine the potential value of your claim.
Working with a Long Beach car accident lawyer will help you in many ways, including:
- Finding the proper medical care and support to set you up for recovery from your injuries.
- Providing expert advice on how to negotiate with insurance companies.
- Understanding the legal process and steps necessary to help you resolve your personal injury claim and earn you the maximum compensation.
- Personalized attention to your situation and additional support throughout the process.
Can You Recover Damages of Hit and Run Car Accidents in Long Beach?
A hit and run car accident is when one of the parties involved in the accident flees the scene and doesn’t stop to exchange personal and insurance-related information.
Who is accountable for damages owed to victims in these types of cases?
In California, insurance companies automatically apply uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage to new client policies. So, if your policy includes uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage then your insurance company will likely be able to cover at least a part of the damages you’ve suffered following your accident.
Injuries in Long Beach Car Accidents
Our lawyers always advise clients to visit a doctor as soon as possible following their accident, at least within 24 hours of the incident. Not only will that help your case, but it will help you understand what damages you may be suffering from that are a result of the accident and what you need to do to begin to heal.
Car accident injuries may be acute and immediate or, on the other hand, may not be felt initially and instead cause serious issues as time passes. Injuries like concussions and whiplash may initially seem innocent but can cause serious and long-lasting damage that can impact your quality of life. So, regardless of whether or not you suspect you have an injury, visiting a doctor after your accident is the best thing to do.
Common injuries our clients have experienced following car accidents include:
- Spinal cord injury and damage
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Internal organ damage
- Head, neck, and back injuries
- Broken and fractured bones
- Sprains and strains
- Burns or cuts
- Wrongful death
Remember, never let insurance representatives downplay your injuries. If you are suffering injuries following a car accident caused by a negligent party, you have rights. Speaking to one of our Long Beach car accident lawyers at MKP Law Group, LLP can help you understand the complexities of the legal process and ensure you are taken care of during this time of loss.
Furthermore, for families who have lost a loved one following a fatal accident, you may have a wrongful death case. The financial losses following a wrongful death will never measure up to the loss of your loved one, but addressing these losses can help you and your family through this hard time and not be left burdened with lost wages, medical expenses, and more.
Having a legal team on your side will help you build an effective case to get you and your family’s life back on track.
Frequently Asked Questions Your Long Beach Car Accident Lawyer Can Answer
There are some questions you do not even know you have until you sit down with an attorney. However, we have narrowed down a list of the four most frequently asked questions.
What is my case worth?
Each case revolves around its own facts. Even if there is another identical accident happening just one street over, your crash will undoubtedly have different losses. There are the medical treatment costs, what it costs you to recover and outsource house cleaning, transportation for children, and how much you will spend on making modifications to the home. Next, there are the lost wages, the missed opportunities, and the emotional distress.
Are pain and suffering real expenses?
Yes, they are. Courts have developed a formula that allows clients and their attorneys to arrive at a reasonable case value. It is a powerful bargaining tool when your attorney negotiates with the insurer.
What can an attorney do that I cannot?
It is not so much what they can do but how quickly they can do it. Attorneys have connections to private investigators, medical experts, and accident scene recreation specialists. They can frequently anticipate where the insurer will try to save money. Therefore, they can use their contacts to solidify your case with provable facts. While you could hire these experts yourself, consider that it may take you some time to find them, vet them, and pay them.
When is the best time to hire an attorney?
We recommend calling after you get yourself checked out from the hospital. Your health comes first. However, most certainly make the call before talking to the insurance company or an adjuster. Also, consider whether your situation is complicated. Examples include accidents involving ride-share services or questions of fault.
Contact a Long Beach Car Accident Lawyer at MKP Law Group, LLP Today
At MKP Law Group, LLP, we have personal injury attorneys that are highly experienced in handling Long Beach car accidents. Our team knows how to deal with insurance companies and can help you understand your rights and navigate the complicated legal processes.
We will investigate and negotiate to ensure that you earn the maximum compensation for your injuries. Call us today at 310-285-5353 to schedule your 100% free consultation.
As always, if we don’t win your case you don’t owe us a dime.
Reviews & Testimonials
We work hard to do what’s right for our clients. Here are some of the most recent reviews of our car accident legal services.