Living in California, car accidents are an unfortunate part of life. If you’ve been injured in an auto accident here are several things to keep in mind:
Obtain the other party’s insurance information
- It is crucial that you obtain the other driver’s contact information (a photograph of their driver’s license and insurance policy are best) as well as their insurance company information. Without this information, you could be stuck taking care of your medical bills and car repairs without receiving the compensation you deserve from the at-fault party.
Never give a statement (recorded or otherwise) to the other party’s insurance carrier
- Often times the at-fault party’s carrier will demand that you give a recorded statement regarding the accident and your injuries. You are under NO obligation to do so, and often times these recorded statements are damaging to your case. They will ask tricky questions to confuse you and try and get you to minimize your injuries. Whether you’re giving a statement to the at-fault insurance carrier or your own, never downplay your injuries. If you hire an experienced personal injury attorney like that lawyers at MKP Law Group, the insurance carrier is prohibited from contacting you directly. Instead, let the attorneys at MKP Law Group cut through the insurance red-tape and get you the compensation you deserve.
Be sure to get the contact information of any witnesses
- Independent witnesses can be extremely helpful in prosecuting your claim as often times the at-fault party makes up lies and denies any blame in causing the accident. Obtaining the witnesses’ contact information allows our team to reach out and get the facts straight in order to put the he-said she-said debate to rest.
Do not delay in getting medical treatment
- Often times in auto accidents, the sorts of injuries that plaintiff’s sustain do not become severe until a few days after the accident. That does not mean you should not seek immediate medical treatment from a trained professional. Any delay in medical treatment gives the other insurance carrier ammunition to minimize your injuries and claim they are unrelated to the accident. Our team at MKP Law Group works with some of the best medical professionals and can put you in touch with skilled doctors that are close and convenient for you in order to get you back on your feet.
Contact MKP Law Group to discuss your case
- If you have been hurt in an auto accident contact us at MKP Law Group immediately so that we can start fighting to get you the compensation you deserve. At MKP Law Group, we have attorneys that are highly experienced in handling auto accidents and have obtained large settlements on behalf of our clients. We know how to deal with the insurance companies so that you don’t have to. The team at MKP Law Group is experienced, attentive, dependable, and tenacious so call us today to schedule your FREE consultation.